Instructions for the Mini-Wright Digital Meter
When to take Readings
The readings should be taken regularly, whether at work or not. The readings should be taken on waking and then approximately at two hourly intervals until you go to bed. It is Important that you write down the times that you start and finish work each day.
- Place the cardboard mouthpiece into the end of the meter.
- Stand or sit in good posture.
- Press the button once to turn the meter on.
- Wait until the meter beeps and the screen says "Go".
- Take a deep breath – as deep as possible.
- Place the mouthpiece into your mouth and close your lips around it tightly.
- blow out, as fast and as hard as possible, until you have blown out nearly all of your breath.
- Make a note of your PEF and FEV1 readings (the display will alternate between the two measurements).
- Press the button to repeat steps 4) to 8) and do this three or more times, until the highest two FEV1 readings are within 0.1L and the peak flow within 20L/min.
- Write down all of your readings onto the form provided. Hold the on button down for a short time and the meter will turn off.
If you need to take your inhaler when it is time to carry out a peak
flow reading, do the blow first, then take your inhaler. If you forget
to take a reading, take one immediately and then go on to the next one
When you have finished taking readings please bring the charts and meters back to the chest clinic (keep them together), on or before your next appointment. Make sure you keep a photocopy of the charts in case they are lost. Please remember to write down your name, height, date of birth and job on all of the charts, in case they are separated.
Thank you for your assistance
Please sign in or register to add your thoughts.